DPS ROAD TEST
You will need to take 8 items when you go to the DPS:
- Notarized Application (May Be Notarized at DPS office) .
- DE-964-given by CDS after Day 1, 2, & 3 of class .
- Texas Residency Affidavit with two items to verify residency.
- Proof of residency (Water, Electric, Trash bill, or Bank Statement of Parent or Guardian)
- Your original birth certificate or a certified copy, or a passport or green card.
- Proof of School enrollment-call school attendance office (VOE).
- Your social security card-Original.
- Parent or notarized application.
- Cost - $16.00 cash or check .
Colony Driving School is authorized by the Texas Department of Public Safety to conduct the in-car ROAD SKILLS TEST for those that have completed TEEN DRIVER EDUCATION (16 or above) or the ADULT DRIVER EDUCATION COURSE (18-24) or ADULTS 25+.
The fee for the road test is $75 for our Colony students and $75 for parent taught and other school's students.
The fee for the ADE students or 18+ students is $100, regardless of where they attended.
The student must pre-register in person or online, with their parent present in office or consent if online, for the test (if under 18 years old).
All teen (16 -17) students must view, in advance, the "Impact Texas Teen Drivers" (ITTD) video.
All adults 18+ must view the Impact Texas Driver ITYD video.
Regardless of age all students will be given a test (online) that shows that they have viewed this 2 1/2 hr. video on texting and driving (for Teens) or 1 hr. video for adults.
Student must print out certificate of completion and sign. (NO EXCEPTIONS!)
NOTE: No student can take a Road Test if if he or she does not currently hold a Texas Learners Permit.
(If what you are currently holding is a "receipt" from DPS you must go back to DPS and obtain a
learners license before the Road Test)
See the link below for the video. Call 281-392-4646 M-F 10-6 if you have any questions.