Driver Education Instructor Training
Training for New Driver Education Instructors
The driver education industry is rapidly growing and in need of instructors who are looking for a way to earn extra money while giving back to the community. The level of instruction is demanding, but all families and roadway users in Texas deserve the peace of mind that comes with knowing that new drivers are being taught by well trained and well prepared instructors.
The certification process includes a significant time commitment outside of the classroom instruction.
This course is not one that can be completed in two weekends.
- • All trainees are required to complete Phase I and Phase II.
- • All work required for Phase I must be completed before starting Phase II. The classroom session for Phase II can be attended after attending the classroom session for Phase I. It is not necessary to complete the outside work for Phase I to attend the classroom session for Phase II.
- • All work required for Phase II must be completed before starting Phase III. The classroom session for Phase III can be attended after attending the classroom session for Phase I and Phase II. It is not necessary to complete the outside work for Phase I and Phase IIto attend the classroom session for Phase III.
• A good command of the English language is required.
• All trainees must be over the age of 21.
• All trainees must have at least five (5) years of driving experience. In addition, all trainees must have a clean driving record (anyone with 6 points or more cannot be licensed as a Driver Education instructor).
Instructor: Mr. Joel Rosenzweig, ST